Brailiv, Zhmerynka's district
The urban village of Brailov is one of the most ancient settlements in our region. This town attracts the tourists by a large amount of historical monuments such as Trinity’s Monastery, the Ukrainian Orthodox Church, the state museum of composer Chaikovsky located in the von Meck’s palace.
Trinity’s Monastery was built in the XVIII century by Potostkij. The building was used by the Monastery of the catholic order of Trinitarij. In 1787 the walls of Monastery were painted by the Viennese painter Pragtl. Unfortunately, the wall paintings haven’t been preserved up to the present day. In 1830 the Monastery became orthodox and the need of wall paintings appeared, it was performed by Osmolovskij.
There are two-storeyed monastic cells of brick in the Monastery. In the XIX century the gates and service rooms were built for the needs of Monastery.
There are gardens, vegetable gardens and a number of service rooms on the territory of Monastery. The famous icons are in the walls of Trinity’s Monastery such as the icon of Brailovska Pochaivska Mother of God, the icon of Brailovska Chenstohovska Mother of God. All icons were painted at the beginning of the XIX century in Athos. There are the sacred relics in the Monastery. The icons and sacred relics attract a considerably amount of pilgrims every year. The von Meck’s palace was built at the end of 1960s of the XIX century. The palace was destroyed during the Second World War. The local architects restored this historical memorial in part. The unique garden has been preserved in part where there are more than 45 kinds of trees and bushes.
Nowadays it houses the Museum of a great composer Petro Ilyich Tchaikovsky. The place for the museum was not chosen casually, because Nadia von Meck was the supporter of composer. There are more than two thousand of the exhibits in the collection of the museum linked with the visits of Tchaikovsky in Brailov. Just in this building the piece “The memory of dear place”, a number of romances such as “The serenade of Don Juan”, “It was at early spring” were composed. Within the confines of estate, the opera “The Maid of Orleans” was finished. The room-lantern attracts the attention of many visitors. This room was the cabinet of Tchaikovsky and Nadia von Meck. The things of the supporter of composer (Nadia von Meck) have been preserved up to the present day. All exhibits (furniture, musical instruments and things for writing) were given to the museum by the descendants of von Meck.